There is an article in the Mercury News that predicts the top 10 technology trends in 2006
1. WiFi will spread rapidly and WiMax will emerge.
2. Cell phones do everything.
3. Internet phone calls zoom in popularity.
4. The office moves to the Web.
5. Stem-cell research advances.
6. Biotechs target flu vaccines.
7. Even small start-ups go global.
8. Video comes to the blog.
9. On-demand video everywhere.
10 Clean technologies.
The full article can be found at MercuryNews.com
At least this what Silicon Valley thinks of the top trends. I am particulary interested in topic #2. I seems to me that PDA's will start to replace laptops, at least in academic computing, and that the software programmes should be designed for these devices. I did a quick google search and found a few US law schools doing this, but so far there does not seem to be much going on in Canada. Of course, I'm not sure what is going on in the private sector.