Have you registered yet for the 4th Northeast Regional Law Libraries Meeting (NE2007)?? Time is running out!
Our theme is Libraries Without Borders 2, and it is gearing up to be THE outstanding law library learning, networking, must-attend event for 2007. Just a few of the many highlights:
- A grand opening reception at the Legislative Building at Queen’s Park. This is home to the Ontario Legislative Assembly, and an impressive building built in 1893, surrounded by park and University of Toronto campus.
- Keynote by Michael Ignatieff, internationally renowned academic, journalist, commentator, intellectual, and specialist in human rights and international affairs.
- Challenging sessions on the law library profession, roles and responsibilities as well as substantive legal research topics with an international, “cross-border” twist.
- Plenary session on the future of legal information and law publishing called Pipe Dream to Pipeline. We have invited some of the industry leaders to look into their crystal balls and tell us what they see.
- Outstanding speakers Claire Germain, Gayle Lynn-Nelson, Sabrina Pacifici, Vicki Whitmell, Molly Brownfield, Diane Goldstein, Steven Lastres, Donna Purvis, and many, many more!
- Something we call the TALL Tower Tours, tour of some of the stellar law firm libraries from our host association, the Toronto Association of Law Libraries.
- Closing banquet–time to catch up with friends, old and new, and enjoy fine food and great music!
I am pleased to be co-chairing this fantastic event. This is the joint regional meeting of nine chapters of the American Association of Law Libraries plus the Toronto Association of Law Libraries.
Key web spaces:
- Main website – www.librarieswithoutborder.net
- Hotel info
- Blog – librarieswithoutborders.wordpress.com – the latest scoop!
- Wiki – librarieswithoutborders.pbwiki.com – let everyone know you are going, post questions and info!
This is the must-attend event of 2007. Will I be seeing you there??