As this is my first post of ot8, I thought I would plant my tongue firmly in cheek and make some semi-serious, law-technology-Slaw predictions:
Over the next year…
- Online/Technology Privacy will become a much bigger issue in the mainstream.
- Someone or thing makes a small dent in Google’s search monopoly owing to privacy concerns (see Ask Eraser).
- The settlement of the Hollywood writer’s strike will have implications for the online distribution of content that are not yet anticipated.
- Google, MS or another larger fish will make an astronomical offer for Facebook.
- There will be a Federal election.
- There will be an election in Nova Scotia.
- I will make at least one Slaw post tying sports to law.
- Simon F, will discover some really neat web widget and post it in a Slaw Friday fillup.
- Libraries still, won’t fully figure out social networking, meanwhile something new will become the next big thing.
- At least one Slaw-yer will do something extremely innovative this year.