The Supreme Court of Canada has published a special edition of its Bulletin of Proceedings that contains a statistical overview of its work for the period 1997-2007.
- number of complete applications for leave to appeal and notices of appeal as of right filed by litigants with the Court’s Registry each year;
- number of leave applications granted and the percentage granted of the total submitted;
- number of appeals heard each year and the number of hearing days over the year;
- information with respect to the number of judgments rendered each year;
- time lines in the life of a case: time between the filing of a complete application for leave to appeal and the Court’s decision on whether leave should be granted; time lapse between the hearing of the appeal and the delivery of reasons.