At ILTA last week, Lexis teamed up with Interwoven to announce a new product that they claim will solve the vexed problem of e-mail management, including the ability to automatically file by subject and client, as well as support for archiving and disposing of e-mail as appropriate. The tools integrate tightly with Microsoft Exchange Server and Open Text’s document management tools.
Here is the announcement:
Industry Leaders Combine Strengths in Enterprise Search, Document Management, and Legal Content and Analysis for Streamlined Workflow Approach To Knowledge Management
ILTA 2008 CONFERENCE, DALLAS — August 25, 2008 — Interwoven, Inc. (NASDAQ: IWOV), a global leader in content management solutions, today announced it has entered into an agreement with global business information solutions provider LexisNexis to integrate and launch Lexis® Search Advantage, a new search enrichment offering, with Interwoven Universal Search.
The integration of Lexis Search Advantage with Interwoven Universal Search will combine the market leading enterprise search solution for professional service firms with content and services from LexisNexis® to provide law firm attorneys a single destination to efficiently find and leverage internal work product and trusted content from LexisNexis. Lexis Search Advantage is available immediately in the U.S. market by LexisNexis.
The agreement supports a growing demand in the legal industry for technology providers to combine expertise to offer more integrated and powerful solutions to help attorneys streamline workflow and productivity. Lawyers today must use a multitude of technology solutions to perform daily functions with little-to-no integration or context between the technologies. This results in a productivity drain that negatively impacts firm profits and can harm client satisfaction due to the inconsistent application of firm best practices.
“To compete and win on a global scale, today’s law firms require streamlined technology solutions,” said Mike Walsh, CEO U.S. Legal Markets, LexisNexis. “The integrated product offering by LexisNexis and Interwoven is a perfect example of two respected market leaders delivering enhanced workflow capabilities to improve productivity, increase profitability, and stimulate growth.”
The combination of the market leading Interwoven Universal Search solution with the new Lexis® Search Advantage solution provides law firms with a powerful asset that unifies and integrates access to content across multiple internal and LexisNexis sources, to provide a unique and comprehensive search environment. The benefits to law firms include:
* Significant streamlined workflow in a more intuitive and efficient manner, driving higher levels of client service and improved profitability
* Richer contextual search capability with simultaneous searching of all internal documents and LexisNexis services at www.lexis.com. LexisNexis research solutions are used daily by lawyers and relied on as the most authoritative, comprehensive collection of legal, news and business, and risk and analytics content available anywhere
* Integration of real-time Shepard’s Signal™ indicators in internal documents instantly allow attorneys to confirm if a case law citation is strong, accurate, and on point. This eliminates several manual steps that lawyers must take to examine current legal validity of a citation
* Powerful enterprise search technology and Web 2.0-based user experience and navigation to drive a tailored and comprehensive search experience
* Documents within a firm’s content repositories are enriched with additional metadata to enable enhanced identification and improved access to relevant external documents