Who doesn’t love Org Charts? Thanks to Karen Sawatzky re-tweeting Mark Eaton, I have a new source to feed my desire to see collections of organization charts, Org Charts by Cogmap.
What is Cogmap?
Cogmap is the Wikipedia of organization charts. We are an organization chart wiki! This means that it is a collection of organization charts online that anyone can edit, add to, and help maintain.
Cogmap is a tool for sales people, entrepreneurs, and recruiters to understand organizations and keep information up to date. If you are like us, you had some of these things happen to you:
* Worked at a company without a published organization chart and had no idea who worked for anyone else
* Tried to figure out who to call at a company and come up empty
* Bought a list of people to call and had all the information be wrong
* Met people that all had different titles and been unable to tell who was the decision-maker in the room!
They also have a blog.
1. Don’t post things you shouldn’t
2. We will never sell your email address
3. We are not responsible for things that people put into the wiki
4. We own the data, and may try to package up and sell data created in the wiki if we figure out a business model
Creating org chats in a wiki model also means that you can go back to previous versions. I love it.