Site news for those who read Slaw only via RSS or email
1. Comment Watch:
In the last week there were 29 comments. You might be particularly interested in two lengthy and detailed comments by Don Laird on Is It Possible to Secure Law Firm Data?
This week’s tips on SlawTips are:
- Tuesday: Technology: Send a Text Message to a Mobile Phone via Email
- Wednesday: Research: Leveraging Google Advanced Search
- Thursday: Practice: Lead…More So Now Than Ever Before…
You’ll find a brief excerpt of this week’s tips on Slaw, but the links above will take you to the full versions, along with 100 more tips. Advice you can use — short and to the point — every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
3. Maritime Law Book Selected Summaries
- R. v. Topp (J.P.) 2011 SCC 43 [Sentencing]
- VSL Canada Ltd. v. Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission (N.B.) et al. 2011 NBCA 76 [Workers' compensation]
- W.J.Q.M. et al. v. A.M.A. et al. 2011 SKQB 317 [Surrogacy agreements]
- R. v. McCowan 2011 ABPC 79 [Charter rights & non-governmental authority]
- Girouard v. Druet 2011 NBQB 204 [Sale of land by email contract]