Site news for those who read Slaw only via RSS or email
1. Comment Watch:
In the last week there were 35 comments. You might be particularly interested in:
- a long and thoughtful comment by “A Recent Grad” on The Future of Articling in Ontario
- the other 8 comments on Omar Ha-Redeye’s post on The Future of Articling in Ontario.
- the comments to Jason Wilson’s provocative column, I Am Now an App.
This week’s tips on SlawTips are:
- Tuesday: Technology: Google’s Amazing New “Search by Image” Functionality
- Wednesday: Research: Follow the Class
- Thursday: Practice: Plan for Success
You’ll find a brief excerpt of this week’s tips on Slaw, but the links above will take you to the full versions, along with 100 more tips. Advice you can use — short and to the point — every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
3. Maritime Law Book Selected Summaries
2011 MBCA 77 [Practice]
- Carter Brothers Ltd. v. Registrar of Motor Vehicles (N.B.) 2011 NBCA 81 [Delegated legislation]
- Ladner v. Wolfson et al. 2011 BCCA 370 [Constructive trust]
- Pacific Newspaper Group Inc. v. Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada, Local 2000 et al. 2011 BCCA 373 [Administrative law]
- R. v. Twitchell (M.A.) 2010 ABQB 693 [Search warrant, laptop]