Site news for those who read Slaw only via RSS or email
1. Comment Watch:
In the last week there were 47 comments. You might be particularly interested in these:
- the 14 comments on Dave Billinsky’s post “Occupy Vancouver Demands Released”;
- the exchange on guest blogger Erik Makgren’s post “Tort Reform for the Better: Adding Liquidity to Dry Judgements”.
This week’s tips on SlawTips are:
- Tuesday: Technology: Use the Space Bar to Advance in a Browser
- Wednesday: Research: Spam or Not
- Thursday: Practice: How Am I Doing?
You’ll find a brief excerpt of this week’s tips on Slaw, but the links above will take you to the full versions, along with 100 more tips. Advice you can use — short and to the point — every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
3. Maritime Law Book Selected Summaries
- Workers’ Compensation Board (B.C.) v. Human Rights Tribunal (B.C.) et al. 2011 SCC 52 [Administrative law]
- Wallace v. Canadian Pacific Railway et al. 2011 SKCA 108 [Disqualification of counsel]
- Canada (Attorney General) v. Mowat 2011 SCC 53 [Judicial review]
- R. v. Madden (K.) 2011 ONCA 656 [Jury charge]
- R. v. Le (T.D.) 2011 MBCA 83 [Search and seizure]
- Clark v. Werden 2011 ONCA 619 [Champerty]
- R. v. Barros (R.) 2011 SCC 51 [Informer privilege]