Site news for those who read Slaw only via RSS or email
1. Comment Watch:
In the last week there were 44 comments. You might be particularly interested in these:
- The exchange between Gary Rodrigues and Simon Chester concerning Geneviève Lay’s post, “Language Rights Issues Returning to the Supreme Court?”
- the comment by CanLII President, Colin Lachance, expanding a little on what sort of numbers it takes to be a popular case on CanLII.
This week’s tips on SlawTips are:
- Tuesday: Technology: Dealing With DOCX, XLSX and PPTX Files if You Use an Older Version of Office
- Wednesday: Research: New Laws, Compliance, and Alerts
- Thursday: Practice: Top 10 Financial Errors: #1 – Cash Flow
You’ll find a brief excerpt of this week’s tips on Slaw, but the links above will take you to the full versions, along with 100 more tips. Advice you can use — short and to the point — every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
3. Maritime Law Book Selected Summaries
- R. v. Wheaton (A.) 2011 NLTD(G) 148 [Amending informations]
- R. v. Nguyen (T.V.) et al. 2011 BCCA 471 [Forfeiture of offence-related property]
- R. v. Losier (S.A.) 2011 NBCA 102 [Right to use language of choice in dealings with police]
- Newfoundland and Labrador (Attorney General) v. Information and Privacy Commissioner (Nfld. and Lab.) 2011 NLCA 69 [FOI re crown documents]
- Hart v. Roman Catholic Episcopal Corp. of the Diocese of Kingston 2011 ONCA 728 [Internal church government]