At the end of each year we at practicePRO take a look at what articles, checklists, tips, and other resources had the most downloads. As always, the list contains many resources that remain popular year after year, though there are some items that stand out.
- The Sample Budget Spreadsheet, a supplement to our Managing the Finances of Your Practice page is the first resource to be downloaded over 10,000 times in a year.
- The revised of the LAWPRO Fraud Fact sheet had 3,500 downlaods. We saw an explosion of online fraud attempts against lawyers in 2011, and the Fact Sheet contains all the red flags to watch for to avoid being a dupe.
- Justice Carole Curtis wrote one of our more consistently popular papers on Dealing with Difficult Clients. This year she has a new entry on the list: Dealing with Difficult Judges.
- LAWPRO's Domenic Bellaccico's phone lit up with calls when he first wrote an article on Administrative Dismissals in 2009. In 2011 he wrote an equally popular follow-up: Administrative Dismissals, Part 2.
- As Twitter has grown in popularity among lawyers, we felt it was time put out some Essential Do's and Dont's for Twitter users. This article had about 2,000 downloads.
The full list of the top downloads can be viewed here, as well as the Top 40 lists from previous years. Have a look to see what other lawyers are reading!