Site news for those who read Slaw only via RSS or email
1. Comment Watch:
In the last week there were 57 comments. You might be particularly interested in these:
- The 8 comments on Edward Prutschi's post, "Crime & Punishment in 2012"
- The erudite, not to say abstruse, renewed comments on Shaunna Mireau's post, "Queen's Counsel Appointments"
This week's tips on SlawTips are:
- Tuesday: Technology: Use join.me to Get on the Same Page Across the Web
- Wednesday: Research: Open Access Journals
- Thursday: Practice: Top 10 Financial Errors: #9 Avoid Having a Written Office-Sharing or Partnership Agreement
You’ll find a brief excerpt of this week’s tips on Slaw, but the links above will take you to the full versions, along with 100 more tips. Advice you can use — short and to the point — every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
3. Maritime Law Book Selected Summaries
- McGowan v. Bank of Nova Scotia 2011 PECA 20 [Banking, negligence]
- Jones v. Tsige 2012 ONCA 32 [New causes of action]
- Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) 2011 FC 1435 [Immigration consultants]
- R. v. Benson (A.J.) 2012 SKCA 4 [Child pornography]