I heard Josh Linkner speak yesterday at a TechAlliance event. He talked about 5 growth traps for business, and as I reflect upon his message, his 5 traps are things that lawmakers fall into constantly.
- The over correct. Going overboard to correct problems.
- The money trap. Throwing money at problems rather than creativity.
- Religion over science. Vision is important, but you can't ignore the data.
- Complexity. Using your own technical language rather than making it simple.
- Gorging. Trying to do too many things and not knowing when to say no.