So a lawyer gets an email / letter saying:
Congratulations, based on our extensive research and review you have been named as a top ranked / elite / awesome lawyer in your practice area and will appear in our print / online publication. You can obtain / enhance your listing by completing form X / sending a profile and the (non-trivial) sum of $X.
The questions are:
- Do these publications do any more than feed our egos?
- Do buyers of legal services actually look at these print or online publications to find a lawyer?
- If so, do they trust the contents?
- Do readers know that money has been paid for certain levels of inclusion and discount that?
- In today's world where every law firm and lawyer has online profiles on their web sites, and often on social media, are these directories relevant?
What do readers think about this?