The 2016 Student Edition of LAWPRO Magazine (“Moving Into Practice”) is now online and will be arriving in Ontario law schools next week. Its the fourth LAWPRO Magazine issue focused on providing students with resources to help them make the transition from student to lawyer. It also serves as an introduction to LAWPRO and our messages of claims prevention and better practice management.
Here are the articles in the Magazine:
- Job market scoop: What do law firms look for?
- Lessons I learned while articling
- Resolve to get your law practice off to the best possible start
- Sample interview questions
- Do you have what it takes to be a sole practitioner?
- practicePRO’s best claims prevention tools and resources
- Planning to do real estate work? A primer on title insurance
- What new lawyers need to know about LAWPRO’s mandatory professional liability insurance
- Common practice pitfalls
- Student-to-lawyer: 20 tips for a smooth transition
- Stress management for law students (from a recent grad)
- Tech tip: New lawyer cyber dangers and how to avoid them
Other practicePRO resources to help new lawyers get off on the right foot can be found on our New Lawyer Resource page (practicepro.ca/newlawyers)