SCOTUSblog, the well-known American blog devoted to analysis of the United States Supreme Court, has been providing great coverage of US President Donald Trump’s nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch (U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit) to fill the vacancy left on the top court of our Southern neighbour by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia in 2016.
Here are some links. Each of the SCOTUSblog posts below contains extensive links to news, commentary and analysis:
- Reactions to the Gorsuch nomination (January 31): “In reaction to President Donald Trump’s nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch, politicians and interest groups are releasing statements. We’ve collected all of those we have received below, and will continue to update this post.”
- Evening round-up: President nominates Gorsuch to Supreme Court (January 31)
- Wednesday round-up (February 1) – lots of media coverage
- Gorsuch’s extra-judicial writing and speeches (February 1)
- Key Senate players in the upcoming Supreme Court confirmation process (February 1)
- Thursday round-up (February 2)