The 20th edition (2017) of the Code civil du Québec annoté by Jean-Louis Baudouin & Yvon Renaud is now available on the website of the CAIJ.
CAIJ is the Centre d’accès à l’information juridique, the network of courthouse law libraries associated with the Québec Bar Association.
The annotated Civil Code includes:
- links to caselaw and commentary on each section
- links to section-by-section explanations produced in 1993 by the Quebec Ministry of Justice as the new Code was making its way through the National Assembly
- links to parliamentary debates in the early 1990s
- concordances for the Civil Code of Lower Canada (1866) and the Quebec Civil Code (1980)
- links to research questions about the Code answered by CAIJ library professionals
This material will be added to a collection that already includes full-text commentary and textbooks and more, including:
- the Développements récents (annual reviews of areas of law)
- the Collection de droit (Bar School materials)
- proceedings of the annual Quebec Bar Association congresses
- a growing number of full-text treatises from publisher Wilson & Lafleur
- legal analysis and commentary from dozens of major law firms
- dozens of annotated acts, both federal and Quebec
- case law
- and a list of thousands of legal questions with their corresponding answers classified by legal topic.
All for free!