If you are subscribed to Slaw posts by email, there is an important upcoming change that you’ll want to know about.
As of the end of June, Feedburner (our current provider of email alerts) is discontinuing its email services. As such, we’ve transferred our email subscriptions over to Mailchimp, with service beginning tomorrow morning.
- At least for initially, we will only have one email subscription that includes all Slaw posts.
- Emails containing the previous day’s posts will land in your inbox from Monday to Friday. (The Monday email includes posts from Saturday and Sunday.)
- Category, comment and custom email alerts are being discontinued.
- You can still use Slaw’s RSS feed (linked); or individual category RSS feeds by adding /feed/ at the end of our category URLs. Example:
- The Subscribe tab in the top menu at Slaw.ca has been changed to reflect the new subscription service.
What do I need to do?
- If you want to keep receiving Slaw by email, nothing! We have moved all existing subscriptions over to Mailchimp and there should be no interruption.
- You may wish to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to prevent the emails from landing in your spam folder.
- If you DO NOT wish to receive the new Slaw email, simply hit the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive.
Because we are moving from a free service to a paid service, we must balance higher costs with a few reduced features: that’s why we are removing (at least temporarily) our topical alerts. We may consider re-adding those subject specific email alerts as we figure things out.
As always, we treat our subscriber database with confidentiality and we will never share your email address or personal information with anyone. Only those emails that were fully subscribed and confirmed are moving over to the new service.
Lastly, we may use our subscriber database to send reader surveys or other important website communications. We may also include a tasteful amount of advertising content.
We hope you will enjoy the new format and thank all of our loyal Slaw readers! Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns about this change.