Should young persons be optimistic about the future?
Does history set the context for the present and the future? Is the past prologue?
Based on history, I submit that a young person should be optimistic about our future.
Some of our history that supports an optimistic outlook are :
- improvements in the health sciences and life expectancy;
- the growth of educational opportunities;
- the consolidation of governments;
- the growth of democratic government;
- the decline in violence over the centuries;
- the decline of wars by the major powers;
- the expansion of global trade.
In Canada our life expectancy has increased . . . [more]