In an April 18, 2011 post on the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Practice Blawg, it was announced that the MSBA trust accounting guides are now available to non-MSBA members. In the past these guides were behind a members-only wall.
These guides help lawyers work with trust accounts in the several commercially available mainstream accounting programs. There are 5 guides including:
- Keeping Client Trust Accounts with GnuCash 2.2.4
- Keeping Records for Client Trust Accounts Using Microsoft Office Accounting 2006 or 2007
- Using QuickBooks 6.0 for Lawyers’ Trust Accounting
- Trust Accounting with QuickBooks 2005 Professional
- Keeping Clients’ Trust Accounts with QuickBooks