Packaging Prohibitions: A Closer Look at Some Interesting Quirks of the Packaging Regulations Under the Cannabis Act
Everyone knew that the marketing and promotion restrictions on packaging for licensed producers in the recreational market were going to be onerous.
The Cannabis Act (the “Act”) itself sets out a number of restrictions, including prohibitions on packaging that:
- could be appealing to young persons;
- sets out a testimonial or endorsement, however displayed or communicated;
- depicts a person, character or animal, whether real or fictional;
- associates the cannabis or one of its brand elements with a way of life; or
- contains information that is false or misleading.
On top of what is set out in the Act itself, in March, . . . [more]