Dennis Kennedy has done his 2008 column for LLRX on legal tech. There aren’t a lot of surprises in “Eight Legal Technology Trends for 2008 – Good Times, Bad Times or Hard Times in Legal Tech?” with the exception, perhaps, of his view that e-discovery has failed to conquer; but there are a lot of wise words. Here are the subheads:
- Smart Ways to Work Together – Collaboration Tools.
- Dancing with a Recession.
- Opening Audio and Video Channels.
- Going Mobile.
- The Death Throes for Email?
- Security Begins to Matter . . . Really.
- Lawyers Win Round 1 in the E-discovery Battle . . . by a Wide Margin.
- Making Better Use of What You Already Own.
Let us know what you think of Dennis’s analysis. Will things be different in Canada when the recession hits here?