December 23, 2022. Time for a deep inhale and a longer exhale. You did it. You made it through another intense year.
Life these days is always some form of crazy. Change isn’t something that you have to handle once in a while. It is now part of the rhythm of daily life.
That said, there is much that remains constant. We love, laugh, help, care, and rest.
There is also so much within our control.
Who we choose to spend time with.
Where we place our focus.
What we do to celebrate.
As you read this, take a few moments to reflect on the past year. Grab a pen and some paper to take a few notes.
Here are some questions to guide you. Choose those questions you will enjoy thinking about.
- What went well this year?
- What are some of your accomplishments this year?
- What did you get started that you would like to continue or pick up again in 2023?
- Who are the people you most enjoyed spending time with?
- Who would you want to thank for what they did this year?
- What did you learn or get better at this year?
Looking forward to 2023…
- What is the theme you would like to set for the year?
- What personal priorities do you want to give focus and time to in the coming year?
- What do you want to say No to in 2023?
- What do you want to say Yes to in 2023?
I also encourage you to bring more celebration into your life in 2023 for yourself, the teams you work with, and your family and friends. Notice the wins, notice the advances, notice what is getting better.
For me, what got better this year was my community grew. I am in contact with and collaborating with more coaches and legal community members than ever before.
I am grateful to my readers. Thank you for spending time with me here on SLAW.
Wishing you all the best for a joyful New Year!