This from Anette Demers:
I just thought I would mention a few items that may be of interest to the greater community. Forgive me if these have already been widely published.
First of all I have been informed by WestlaweCarswell of the following change to our access to BNA International Trade Reporter (and other BNA products):
September 6, 2006. There has been a change in the access to BNA. We are no longer able to provide complimentary access to these databases. We do have a special pricing model that permits cross campus and/or specific law school access to such databases.
Also, I don’t know how many of you have encountered issues with the new QL, but here are a few things that we have encountered so far:
- Statutes of Canada is now under “Canada Annual Statutes” from the Source Directory.
- Statutes of Ontario is now under “Ontario Annual Statutes” from the Source Directory. For both of these, to browse within a particular year you must find it in the source directory and click browse.
- RSC 1985 is now under “Canada Historical Legislation” from the Source Directory.
- RSC 1970 has been dropped.
- Canadian Law Symposium Index hasn’t migrated yet but will be migrating.
I was thinking that if people are interested, perhaps we could keep an ongoing thread about changes to and tricks for using the new QL?