Site news for those who read Slaw only via RSS or email
1. Comment Watch:
In the last week there were 80 comments (possibly a record on Slaw). You might be particularly interested in these:
- the 30 comments on the post by Simon Fodden, “Same-Sex Divorce and Conflict of Laws,” that thoroughly canvassed the topic.
- the 17 comments on Connie Crosby’s post, “Should There Be Parttime Law School in Canada?” that form a pretty exhaustive list of the part-time law programs that are in fact available
- the very lengthy and detailed comment by John Wood on the older post, “Electronic Seals” by John Gregory.
This week’s tips on SlawTips are:
- Tuesday: Technology: How Come My iPad Won’t Charge When It Is Plugged Into My Computer?
- Wednesday: Research: Orphan Results
- Thursday: Practice: Top 10 Financial Errors: #6 Think You Don’t Need a Fee Agreement With Each Client.
You’ll find a brief excerpt of this week’s tips on Slaw, but the links above will take you to the full versions, along with 100 more tips. Advice you can use — short and to the point — every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
3. Maritime Law Book Selected Summaries
- Royal Bank of Canada v. Swartout et al.
2011 ABCA 362 [Contra proferentem rule ]
- Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. et al. v. Ontario (Minister of Health and Long-Term Care) et al. 2011 ONCA 830 [Delegated legislation]
- R. v. Pitre (M.S.) 2011 NBCA 106 [Search warrants]
- Mallard v. Saskatchewan Financial Services Commission et al. 2011 SKCA 150 [Stare decisis]
- Friends of the Canadian Wheat Board et al. v. Canada (Attorney General) et al. 2011 FC 1432 [Authority of Crown ministers]
- Ford Credit Canada Ltd. v. Welcome Ford Sales Ltd. et al. 2010 ABQB 798 [Bankruptcy]
- Ewachniuk Estate v. Ewachniuk 2011 BCCA 510 [Stare decisis]
- Davis v. Guelph (City) 2011 ONCA 761 [Building inspectors & bias]
- Daniels v. Daniels 2011 MBCA 94 [Corollary relief in divorce]
- Apotex Inc. v. Merck & Co. et al. 2011 FCA 329 [Food and drug control]