The September 2008 issue of Scientific American is all about the Future of Privacy.
- Industry Roundtable: Experts Discuss Improving Online Security
- Internet Eavesdropping: A Brave New World of Wiretapping
- How RFID Tags Could Be Used to Track Unsuspecting People
- Digital Surveillance: Tools of the Spy Trade
- Data Fusion: The Ups and Downs of All-Encompassing Digital Profiles
- Cryptography: How to Keep Your Secrets Safe
- Beyond Fingerprinting: Is Biometrics the Best Bet for Fighting Identity Theft?
- Tougher Laws Needed to Protect Your Genetic Privacy
- Do Social Networks Bring the End of Privacy?
- How Loss of Privacy May Mean Loss of Security
- Privacy in an Age of Terabytes and Terror