As this is my first post of 09, I thought I would look back to my predictions from 08 to see how my forecasting abilities fared.
- HIT – Online/Technology Privacy will become a much bigger issue in the mainstream.
- MISS – Someone or thing makes a small dent in Google’s search monopoly owing to privacy concerns (see Ask Eraser).
- Can’t really be determined yet – The settlement of the Hollywood writer’s strike will have implications for the online distribution of content that are not yet anticipated.
- I think I’ll renew this one for 2010 – Google, MS or another larger fish will make an astronomical offer for Facebook.
- DING, DING, DING, WINNER – There will be a Federal election.
- See Spring 2009 – There will be an election in Nova Scotia.
- Fish in a barrel – I will make at least one Slaw post tying sports to law.
- See, fish in barrel – Simon F, will discover some really neat web widget and post it in a Slaw Friday fillup.
- Social networking still pretty big, Libraries still not hip – Libraries still, won’t fully figure out social networking, meanwhile something new will become the next big thing.
- Again, fish in a barrel – At least one Slaw-yer will do something extremely innovative this year.