Site news for those who read Slaw only via RSS or email
1. Comment Watch:
In the last week there were 34 comments. You might be particularly interested in these:
- The erudite comment by John Davis on “The Friday Fillip: Time… and Time Again”
- the comments elaborating on Adam Dodek’s post, “Reform-Minded BC Ready to Tackle Sacred Cows of Justice System”
- Nate Russell’s comment with the link to an XLS file of all the tweets involved in the recent Twitter moot introduced in Dave Bilinsky’s post, “First Ever Twitter Moot: #Twtmoot”.
This week’s tips on SlawTips are:
- Tuesday: Technology: No technology tip this week.
- Wednesday: Research: Current Awareness
- Thursday: Practice: Good Communications = Satisfied Clients
You’ll find a brief excerpt of this week’s tips on Slaw, but the links above will take you to the full versions, along with 100 more tips. Advice you can use — short and to the point — every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
3. Maritime Law Book Selected Summaries
- Moody Estate, Re 2011 ABQB 222 [Limitation of Actions]
- McLean v. Law Society of Saskatchewan 2012 SKCA 7 [Professional misconduct]
- Kelly et al. v. Energy Resources Conservation Board (Alta.) et al. 2012 ABCA 19 [Mines and minerals]
- R. v. Crain (R.N.) 2012 SKCA 8 [Criminal law – narcotics]