According to the CBC, these 18 have been named to the Senate by Prime Minister Stephen Harper:
- Former broadcaster Pamela Wallin
- Olympian Nancy Greene Raine
- CTV personality Mike Duffy
- Former N.L. MP Fabian Manning.
- N.S. lawyer Fred Dickson.
- Stephen Greene, former deputy chief of staff to N.S. Premier Rodney MacDonald.
- N.S. businessman Michael L. MacDonald.
- Long-time New Brunswick MLA and cabinet minister Percy Mockler.
- N.B. lawyer John D. Wallace.
- National chief of the Congress of Aboriginal Peoples Patrick Brazeau.
- Former Quebec MP and teacher Suzanne Fortin-Duplessis.
- Director of Via Rail Canada Leo Housakos.
- Former Quebec MNA Michel Rivard.
- Nicole Eaton, member of the prominent Eaton family.
- Ontario businessman Irving Gerstein.
- Co-founder of the Corean Canadian Coactive (C3) society Yonah Martin.
- B.C. cabinet minister Richard Neufeld.
- Former Yukon MLA Hector Daniel Lang
I’m curious to know how Mike Duffy is going to report on Parliament now!
Update: This is the largest appointment of Senators since P.M. Harper held off previously from making appointments, hoping to change the system. According to CBC Newsworld reporting, all these Senators have agreed to a limited appointment (e.g. 8 years) rather than remaining on Senate until retirement in the case that Harper is still able to make changes to the system.