Site news for those who read Slaw only via RSS or email
1. Comment Watch:
In the last week there were 55 comments. You might be particularly interested in the thoughtful discussion following Tamir Israel’s inaugural post on Crookes v. Newton and intermediary liability.
This week’s tips on SlawTips are:
- Tuesday: Technology: Four Tips for Easy Navigation of PowerPoint Slide Deck
- Wednesday: Research: Budget Your Research
- Thursday: Practice: Start a “Thank You” File
You’ll find a brief excerpt of this week’s tips on Slaw, but the links above will take you to the full versions, along with 100 more tips. Advice you can use — short and to the point — every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
3. Maritime Law Book Selected Summaries
- Toronto-Dominion Bank v. Stevens 2011 NSSC 343 [Mortgages]
- Spence v. Canada Revenue Agency 2011 FC 426 [Income tax interest waiver]
- Smith v. Inco Ltd. 2011 ONCA 628 [Private nuisance]
- Saanich (District) v. Aviva Insurance Co. of Canada 2011 BCCA 391 [Insurer’s duty to defend]
- Lonechild v. Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations et al. 2011 SKQB 315 [Native rights]
- R. v. Jones (R.) 2011 ONCA 632 [Search and seizure of computer]
- D.M.M. v. T.B.M. 2011 YKCA 8 [Apprehension of bias]